Walnut, Cinnamon & Sultana Bread
Prep: 90 Minutes
Cook time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients from your Baking Box:
Walnut & Cinnamon mix
5g Brown sugar
Pinch of salt
You will also need:
160-200ml Warm water
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ fan 150°C/ gas mark 7.
- In a small bowl, add 50ml of the warm water, sugar and yeast, stir briefly before setting aside to activate.
- In a mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine the flours, salt and oil together
- Put the mixer on a low speed and mix for 1 minute, then slowly add the yeast mixture. Now add the rest of the warm water and combine until the dough is bouncy and elastic.
- Then add the fruit mix and combine for around 1-2 minutes.
- Cover with clingfilm and leave to prove in a warm place until nearly doubled in size.
- Now, tip the dough onto a floured surface and shape into two balls. Then place on an greased tray.
- Cover again, and leave to prove for a further 25 minutes
- Place in the oven and bake for around 30 minutes or until it sounds hollow when tapped underneath.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.