Crusty French Baguette
Prep: 90 Minutes
Cook time: 20-25 Minutes
Ingredients from your Baking Box:
1 x French baguette mix
7g Active bakers yeast
5g Brown sugar
You will also need:
130ml Warm water
- Mix the yeast with the water and sugar, then leave to activate.
- Sift the flour into a separate bowl, add half to the the yeast mixture, stir and cover. Leave until the dough has doubled in size.
- Tip the dough into a mixer and add the remaining flour. Mix until the dough appears lighter in colour, around 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces and shape into an oblong. Fold the two ends into the middle and seal, repeat this process 3 or 4 more times per piece.
- Roll each piece of dough into a 33-34cm long loaf.
- Place onto a greased baking tray and leave until doubled in size, then slash the tops with a knife.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200°C/ fan 180°C/ gas mark 7.
- Place in the centre of the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes or until dark golden brown and sounding hollow when tapped.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.