Tuscan Polenta Loaf
Prep: 90 Minutes
Cook time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients from your Baking Box:
1 x Polenta flour mix
8g Active bakers yeast
5g Brown sugar
You will also need:
150ml Warm water
- Mix the yeast with 50ml of the water and sugar, then leave to activate.
- In a stand mixer, add the flour mix and oil. Combine on a low speed for around 1 minute.
- Then slowly pour in the yeast mixture into the stand mixer, at this point add the rest of the water. Mix for around 5 minutes until the dough is bouncy and elastic.
- Cover the dough with clingfilm and leave to prove until doubled in size.
- After this, tip out onto a floured surface and shape into 2 balls. Place these on an oiled tray, brush the tops of the dough with some water and scatter over the bag of polenta. Then leave to prove for a further 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200°C/ fan 180°C/ gas mark 7.
- Place in the centre of the oven to bake for 30 minutes, so it will sound hollow when tapped.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.