My First Christmas Cake
Prep: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 75 Minutes
Ingredients from your Baking Box:
1 x Mixed fruit & nuts bag
1 x Christmas cake mix
1 x Jam pot
You Will Also Need:
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Grease and line your 6 inch tin with butter.
- Put all the ingredients, except the fruit into a large bowl. Beat together until smooth, remember to scrape down the sides!
- Add the dried fruit and stir with a spoon, you don't want to break up the fruit.
- Carefully put the mixture into the tin and use a knife to make a slight depression into the top of the mixture. This means the cake will dome less once baked.
- Bake in the oven for 75 minutes and test with a skewer, when it comes out clean its done. If not bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and leave in the tin for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
1. Brush the cake with the jam from the jam pot provided.
2. Roll out the marzipan into a circular shape and place over the cake. Use your hands to wrap it over the cake.
3. Cover the cake with royal icing or fondant. Then decorate with your Christmas topper!