Prep: 2 Hours
Cook: 30 Minutes
Servings: 20 Donuts
Ingredients from your Baking Box:
300g Baker’s Flour
100g Brown Sugar
3g Baking Soda
3ml Vanilla Extract
Bag Cinnamon Sugar
You will also need:
- Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water for about 1 minute. Stir the yeast/water around. Then add sugar, salt, egg, 30g butter, and 300g of Bread Flour.
- Beat everything together on low with a handheld mixer, scraping the sides as needed. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a dough that’s easy to handle – about 300-350g. You want dough that is not sticky and will spring back when poked with a finger.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for 5-6 minutes. Form dough into a ball and transfer it to a lightly greased bowl.
- Cover the dough and let prove until doubled; about 1.5 hours.
- Line the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving room on sides.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface roll into a
- 10 x 15-inch rectangle with a rolling pin. Make sure the dough is smooth and evenly thick.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon. Spread dough rectangle with softened butter and sprinkle generously with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Tightly roll up the dough and cut into even rolls (1 inch in width each) with a very sharp knife.
- Arrange them in the prepared baking pan.
- Cover the rolls and let prove for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Cover rolls with aluminium foil and bake for about 25-30 minutes until they are light. Transfer the pan to a rack to cool.
Make the glaze:
In a small bowl, mix together all of the glaze ingredients (Cinnamon Sugar and 15g Butter) and drizzle over rolls before serving. Add more orange juice to thin out, if needed.
Let's Bake Cinnamon Buns
This recipe and ingredients can be found in the American Baking Box