|Prep: 15 Minutes|
Cook: 15 Minutes
Servings: 16 Scones
Ingredients from your Baking box:
450g Self-Raising Flour
5g Baking Powder
50g Caster Sugar
50g Chopped Mixed Peel & Zest
You will also need:
100g Butter, diced
50ml Milk or Water
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas 7. Lightly grease two baking trays.
- Put the flour, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl. Add the butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Then add the Britain Loves Baking Mixed Peel and Zest Powder Mix.
- Crack the eggs into a measuring jug, then add enough milk to make the total liquid 300ml. Stir the egg and milk into the flour (you may not need it all) and mix to a soft, sticky dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface, knead lightly. Roll out to a rectangle about 2 ¾ cm thick.
- Cut into as many rounds as possible with a fluted 5cm/2in cutter and place them on the prepared baking trays. Brush the tops of the scones with a little extra milk, or any egg and milk left in the jug.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes, or until the scones are well risen and are a pale, golden-brown colour.
- Lift onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve with Greg the Baker’s Jam.