Rich Tropical Shortbread
Prep: 50 Minutes
Cook time: 10-15 Minutes
Ingredients from your Baking Box:
1 x Tropical fruit mix
1x Shortbread mix
5g Vanilla essence
You will also need:
1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking parchment.
- Put all the ingredients except the fruit into the food processor.
- Blitz for 1 minute, add the vanilla and then blitz again for 1 minute until the mixture looks like sand.
- Place the fruit mix into a large bowl, then tip in the shortbread mixture from the food processor. Knead together until fully combined (You may need to add a few drops of water to bring the mixture together).
- Tip the mixture out into a floured board or workspace, and using your hands form the dough into a bowl.
- Then using a rolling pin, roll out to 1cm-2cm in thickness, as per your preference!
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out as many circles as you can and place on your baking tray. Then collect the excess dough, reform into a ball and roll out again to your desired thickness. Cut out as many circles as you can until all the dough has been used up.
- Place your unbaked shortbread into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes. Once chilled place the shortbread into the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven, but leave the shortbread on the tray for a couple of minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack.
OR watch the KIDS one here - https://youtu.be/faAiLtEkPTI