Greg's Wholemeal Seed Loaf
Prep: 40 Minutes
Cook: 40 Minutes
Servings: 1 large or 2 small loaves
Ingredients from your Baking Box:
1 X Mix Wholemeal Seed
6g Active Baker’s Yeast
60ml Vegetable Oil
5g Caster sugar
You will also need:
270ml Tepid Water
- Preheat the oven to 200/220°C/Gas 6.
- Mix the Britain Loves Baking Active Yeast with the sugar and the water until it starts to foam. Using the dough hook on your mixer, add all the dry ingredients.
- Mix slowly, then add the oil and the water. Mix until the dough is smooth and has good elasticity to it.
- Take the dough out and hand kneed for 1 minute. The dough should be light and reform its shape if you push your finger into the middle of the dough.
- Put in an oiled bowl, cover with cling film, and let it prove for 30 minutes, or until it has nearly doubled in size.
- Knock it back and kneed for a minute, shape into a dome.
- Cut an 'X' shape into the top.
- You can sprinkle in some salt, seeds, or nuts depending on what you fancy.
- Cover and prove for about 30 minutes.
- Just before you put it in the oven, pour 10ml of water into your oven. That will create the steam needed to get the dough to rise that last little bit
- Bake for 40 minutes, take it out and tap the bottom, if it sounds hollow then it’s done.