Greg the Baker's Chocolate & Orange Bread Recipe
|Prep: 10 Minutes|
Cook: 40 Minutes
Servings: 2 loaves
Ingredients from your Baking Box:
500g Orange and Chocolate Bread Mix
20g Caster Sugar
7g Active Baker’s Yeast
30ml Vegetable Oil
5ml Vanilla Extract
Icing sugar to dust
You will also need:
300ml Tepid Water
- Grease two baking sheets and line with greaseproof paper.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/ Gas 7.
- Mix the Britain Loves Baking Active yeast with 50ml of the warm water and sugar to get it activated. When it starts to foam it’s ready to use.
- Using the dough hook on your mixer, add all the dry ingredients, mix slowly, then add the yeast, oil and the water. Mix until the dough is smooth
- The dough should be light and fluffy. Place it in an oiled bowl and cover with cling film and leave to prove for 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Knock it back and knead for 30 seconds, divide it up into 20 pieces or divide into two and place in oiled loaf tins.
- Cover and prove for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 30 minutes, take one out, tap the bottom, if it sounds hollow then it’s done (if not leave in the oven for another 5 mins).
- Dust with icing sugar and leave to cool, serve with some of the Britain Loves Baking orange persevere.