Gooey Chocolate Brownies Recipe
|Prep: 20 minutes|
Cook: 60 Minutes
Servings: 12 - 16 Brownies
Ingredients from your Baking Box:
1 Bag Mixed Special BrownieMix
250g brown caster sugar
⅓ Vanilla Extract bottle
120ml Vegetable Oil
1 Bag of Dark Chocolate chips
You will also need:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) Gas6.
- Lightly grease your tray/tins, and line with Greaseproof if you have it.
- Add the bag of chocolate chips and oil into a bowl and heat until the chocolate melts. Give it a good stir.
- In a mixer or bowl combine the sugar and eggs and whisk for about 4 mins, add the vanilla; beat until lighter in colour (another minute).
- Sift in the Special Brownie Mix and then fold into the eggs and sugar mix. Fold in the chocolate and add the water at the same time.
- Mix until JUST combined (do not overbeat as doing so will affect the texture of the brownies).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the centre of the brownie no longer jiggles and is just set to the touch (the brownies will keep baking in the hot pan out of the oven).
- If testing with a toothpick, the toothpick should come out with some batter still on it for a fudge-textured brownie.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool to room temperature before slicing into 12 or 16 brownies.
@GregTheBakers Tip: crushed walnuts, peanuts, almonds, white chocolate chips, dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, etc) no more than 100g!!
Let's Bake Chocolate Brownies
This recipe and ingredients can be found in the Chocolate Taster Baking Box