Chocolate, Fruit and Nut Flapjacks Recipe
|Prep: 20 minutes|
Cook: 35 Minutes
Servings: 20 slices
Ingredients from your Baking box:
1 Bag of Flapjack Mix
1 Bottle of Special Maple Honey Syrup
1/3 of the vanilla extract
You will also need:
- Preheat the oven to 160°C, fan 140°C, gas 3.
Grease a 30cm x 30cm x 10cm deep baking tray and line with baking paper.
- Place the flapjack mix in the bowl
- Put the butter and the syrup into a pan and bring to a low rolling boil, for about 3 mins. DO NOT LET IT BURN
- Remove from the heat and add the oats, making sure they are all coated in the syrup.
- Tip into the prepared baking tray and smooth into the corners with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden and only just set. When the flapjacks are still hot from the oven, roughly cut into 20 fingers, then leave to cool fully in the tin until set.
- Transfer to a board, remove the baking paper, and cut the flapjacks again with a sharp knife, following the original cut lines.
@GregTheBakers Tip: Place the syrup in a bowl of hot water, that way you can just pour it straight out after its been in the hot water for about 5 mins, Dip your flapjacks in even more chocolate or dust them with a mix of cocoa powder & icing sugar.