Old-fashioned peanut butter with our Peanut Butter & Chocolate Brownies Recipe
Chocolate & Peanut Brownies
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 25 Minutes
Servings: 16 Brownies
Ingredients from your Baking box:
200g Mixed Chocolate Chips
100g Self Raising Flour
100g Cocoa Powder
300g Caster Sugar
5g Vanilla Extract
120ml Vegetable Oil
You will also need:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan and line with parchment paper (baking paper), then set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips and combine with the oil and sugar in a medium-sized bowl Whisk well for about a minute. Add the eggs and vanilla; beat until lighter in colour (another minute).
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until JUST combined (do not overbeat as doing so will affect the texture of the brownies).
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top evenly.
- Swirl the peanut butter on top of the mix.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the centre of the brownie no longer jiggles and is just set to the touch (the brownies will keep baking in the hot pan out of the oven). If testing with a toothpick, the toothpick should come out dirty for a fudge-textured brownie.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool to room temperature before slicing into 16 brownies
@GregTheBakers Tip: Top with chocolate chunks when Swirling int peanut butter on top of the mix.
|Ingredients from your Baking box:
|150g Bag of Chopped Peanuts
|10g Vegetable Oil
To make the peanut butter, first roast peanuts at 175 degrees C for 6-8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes on a rimmed baking sheet. Let cool. Place all the peanuts, oil, salt and honey in a blender and process for about 4 mins until it’s a lovely creamy texture and that’s it, it's done!