Perfect Truffles for Valentines Day Singles or Couples
Well its the time of the year again folks time to get all mushy and lovely dovey, not here in Bakery Towers, the last Bastian of singledom. So I thought I would give you a baking treat and share one of classic recipes with you.
HOW TO MAKE RUM & WHITE CHOCOLATE COCONUT TRUFFLES
Only 2 Core Ingredients in Chocolate Truffles
Chocolate and heavy cream are the only ingredients in homemade chocolate truffles. However, I add 3 extra ingredients for texture and flavor. These extras will turn your regular truffles into the BEST CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES.
- Chocolate: 200g ounces of pure chocolate is the base of chocolate truffles.
- Double Cream: 140mls is also a base ingredient. Do not use half-and-half or any other liquid because the truffles won’t set up properly
- Butter:20g of softened butter transform these into the creamiest truffles you will ever taste. You will never go back!
- Vanilla Extract:Pure vanilla extract adds exceptional flavour to your chocolate truffles.
- 25cls of Spiced Dark rum: Captian Morgan’s spiced it the best it you a deeper spiced flavour
- Toasted Coconut: This is finish off your truffles, if you don’t coat them you wont be able to pick them up.
MAKING YOUR TRUFFLES
- Warm Cream:Pour warm cream over chopped chocolate.
- Do Nothing:Before stirring, let the warm cream and chocolate sit in the bowl for a few minutes. Don’t touch it!
- Stir:Stir until the chocolate is melted, add the rum and vanilla
- Refrigerate:Refrigerate until the mixture is set, about 1-2 hours.
- Roll: Roll into balls and coat in toasted coconut